CityDepot is the largest container storage and repair operation in the South Island. It is one of two LPC Inland Ports.
CityDepot is located at Chapmans Road in Woolston, just five minutes from Lyttelton. CityDepot provides expanded container services, reducing port congestion and attracting cargo to a centralised location.The 17-hectare container depot runs 24 hours, five and a half days a week.
The CityDepot complex is a large container hub which is among one of the most substantial and sophisticated inland operations in New Zealand. Offering full flexibility with road and rail interchange, this fully computerised operation allows for up-to-the-minute control and monitoring, with direct interface and EDI communication to any in-house system.
- Capacity to store up to approx 10,000 TEUs
- MPI approved Transitional facility for decontamination of containers
- Full repair and pre-tripping utilising over 140 power outlets (240 and 400 volt)
- Has a 24 wagon rail siding
- Up to 36-tonne lift capacity forkhoists with 12m (40ft) and 6m (20ft) top and side lifting frame attachments for both empty and loaded handling
- All-weather container repair facility manned by a team of experienced container repairers and surveyors
- Repair bays served by two 5-tonne and two 10-tonne overhead gantry cranes
- Total repair capability for 150 TEUs
- container wash facilities
- A mobile repair unit
Customer Services Manager
027 316 0196